Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Big Book of Things to Make, by James Mitchem (DK Publishing)

Fantastic! As always, DK Publishing delivers exactly what it promises. This is like the quintessential book of kids' crafts. It's got all those things I vaguely remember from my own childhood (pinhole cameras, bottle rockets), plus a bunch of things I used to know when I was a daycare teacher but have since forgotten (homemade slime, milk art), and a couple of things I just never knew at all (if you make jello with tonic water it glows under UV light -- why?). Basically it's one-stop awesome.

And it has a whole bonus section of "things to do" that includes tips for how to play detective or pirates or even how to make your own board game. You know, for kids who want to better at playing and figure the answer is probably in a book (hint: it totally is). I was that kid. Actually, I still am, which is why I strongly approve of this book.



BOOK DETAILS:
The Big Book of Things to Make
Author: James Mitchem
Publisher: DK Publishing
Publication Date: March 18, 2013
View on Amazon

Source: Edelweiss



No comments: