Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Pajamas of My Dreams, by Laurie Collins (illustrated by Margie Florini)

The Pajamas of My Dreams
Author: Laurie Collins
Illustrator: Margie Florini
Publisher: Three Bean Press
Publication Date: February 28, 2013
Source: NetGalley



I love that this book was published to support Cradles to Crayons, a charity in Boston and Philadelphia that provides children from low-income and zero-income situations with essentials they need to thrive, including diapers, art supplies and of course pajamas. But even more than that, I love that this book would be marvellous whether I knew about the charity connection or not.

The premise is simple but engaging. Each child in the book goes to sleep in a pair of their favourite pajamas, the ones that help them dream about the future they most want. Some dream of cakes and pastries and growing up to be a baker, while others dream of insects and spiders and growing up to be an entomologist.

Entomologist
Paleontologist 
Equestrian
Baker
Chef






































The illustrations are lush and evocative and are even available as prints on the book's website: pajamasofmydreams.com

Magda's favourite part: "Everything except the bugs. I don't want to dream about bugs! Maybe frogs would be okay though. Can I have new frog pajamas?"

My favourite part: All of it. I loved all of it.








RELATED POSTS:

When Mermaids Sleep
Shadows on My Wall
Tilda Pinkerton's Magical Hats
In the Tree House

No comments: