Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Color Game for Chester Raccoon, by Audrey Penn (illustrated by Barbara L. Gibson)


A Color Game for Chester Raccoon
Author: Audrey Penn
Illustrator: Barbara L. Gibson
Publisher: Tanglewood
Publication Date: May 15, 2012
This is a cute take on a colour book for young children by the author and illustrator of The Kissing Hand and other Chester Raccoon books. Chester and his friends spy various colours in nature, like a white bird, a brown caterpillar, flowers that are "cornflower blue." It's sort of the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? for the Chester Raccoon series. The only thing--and I'm sure this would not be an issue for the board book--is that the digital copy I received did not have the pages lined up properly so two-page illustrations could not be viewed simultaneously using the "two page view" option on my desktop reader (it showed the second half of one picture and the first half of the next instead). If this becomes available as an e-book, I hope they would correct the page numbering.

You May Also Like:
   
The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn (illustrated by Ruth E. Harper and Nancy M. Leak)



Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments: