Monday, July 8, 2013

Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook, by Joe Yonan



Eat Your Vegetables:

Bold Recipes for the Single Cook
Author: Joe Yonan
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Publication Date: August 6, 2013
I love, love, love the tone of this book. It's slightly scolding, as you can glean from the title ("Eat your vegetables!") but in a good way. In the introduction the author basically comes right out and says that if you live alone you probably eat crap and you should knock it off. Stop saving the fancy dishes for the dinner parties you're never going to have and cook yourself a proper meal! So true. I don't even live alone and I can relate to that. Plus even those dinner parties (that almost never happen) can benefit from some fancy vegetable recipes. How many holiday meals have I attended in which the vegetables are a total afterthought? A side dish boiled and thrown on the plate? Too many!

Not all of the recipes in the book are for vegetables (or even just for side dishes), but a lot of them are fruit and veggie heavy because the author's right. I do eat like crap too much. Way too much.

Now to plan my next dinner party...NO WAIT, I'VE LEARNED NOTHING!


Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:
The Complete Abridged
Recipes of Shakespeare
Candy Experiments
Consider the Fork



Eat the City


Share the Bounty

Mac & Cheese, Please!

What Einstein Told His Cook

The World in Your Lunch Box

You Be Sweet

Yes, Chef

Little Old Lady Recipes

No comments: