Monday, January 14, 2013

What's New at the Zoo? by Betty Comden and Adolph Green (introduction by Phyllis Newman) (illustrated by Travis Foster)

What's New at the Zoo?
Authors: Betty Comden and Adolph Green
(based on song lyrics)
Introduction by: Phyllis Newman
Illustrator: Travis Foster
Publisher: Blue Apple Books
Publication Date: September 13, 2011
Well I barely feel like I can review this book since the review copy I received from Edelweiss was missing pages and the pages it did have were improperly numbered which meant they didn't line up properly on my desktop reader. I contacted the publisher about it, but never heard back. I must say, I was surprised I didn't hear back since my experience with publishers since I started book blogging has been overwhelmingly positive. I don't think I've ever had a publisher not return my emails. Never. Even the large publishing houses have people who answer inquiries that are emailed to them, usually within a day or two, especially if it's about a review copy of a book. So let's just say this isn't even a real review. I will say one thing, though. If you're thinking about buying the e-book edition of What's New at the Zoo? I'd think twice. If it's as poorly laid out as the review copy I received, you'll be disappointed and you may have a hard time getting it fixed. Stick to the print edition.

I couldn't even get Magda's Take on this because part of the book was missing...

You May Also Like:
Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak

When Mermaids Sleep, by Ann Bonwill


Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type, by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin

Just Like My Daddy, by Sharon Harmer

Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from Blue Apple Books through Edelweiss (Above the Tree Line). I was asked to write an honest review, though not necessarily a favourable one. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments: