Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Man Up! Tales of my Delusional Self-Confidence, by Ross Mathews


Man Up!
Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence

Author: Ross Mathews
(Foreword by Gwyneth Paltrow)
(Afterword by Chelsea Handler)
Publisher: Grand Central
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
ILOVEROSSMATHEWSSOMUCHANDIWANTTOBEHISBESTFRIENDANDHANGOUTWITHHIMEVERYDAY!! Sorry. I just got a little excited. I'll start again.

I LOVE ROSS MATHEWS SO MUCH AND I WANT TO BE HIS BEST FRIEND AND HANG OUT WITH HIM EVERY DAY! That's how he got to be friends with Gwyneth Paltrow. He met her on a red carpet and said, "Okay, we're best friends now." And now they are! Of course, I've never met Ross Mathews, but at the beginning of his book he says we can be best friends so I'm taking him at his word. Yay!

If you're not familiar with Ross Mathews, he was also known as "Ross the Intern" on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. His unabashed enthusiasm for celebrities, television and, well, life were absolutely infectious. And all of that is in the book. The way he talks about what would otherwise be mundane details of life in a lesser man are handled with the gleeful enthusiasm you love so much in your new best friend. That's right. Ross Mathews is your new best friend too, even if you don't know it yet.

Oh, and if you're wondering what all the balloons are about, you'll be delighted to read about his elementary school's tradition of Balloon Day. One day a year the students of his grade school would write down their most sacred wishes on tiny slips of paper then send them up to the atmosphere in a magical sea of brightly coloured balloons. On lucky years, Ross Mathews got a pink balloon. And now, years later, he can have all the balloons--and wishes--he wants.

Ugh. I just read that last sentence and it's terrible. But the book is not. So fun!



Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
Happy Accidents

Let's Pretend This Never  Happened


I Know I Am, But What Are You?


The Guy Under the Sheets


Official Book Club Selection

The Bedwetter

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

No comments: