Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time to Create: Hands-On Explorations in Process Art for Young Children, by Christie Burnett

Time to Create:
Hands-On Explorations in Process Art for Young Children
Author: Christie Burnett
Publisher: Gryphon House
Publication Date: May 1, 2013
This book is wonderful! I've already used a lot of the ideas with my three-year-old (Magda and I did shaving cream painting today and tomorrow we're using it to paint the windows or shower walls!). Even though I spent ten years as a daycare teacher before taking time off when I had my daughter, and even though I've set up thousands of art activities over the years, it's still always great to have new ideas. Most of these were ones I would have definitely used in daycare as well, so I would absolutely recommend it for teachers as well as parents. 

I'm not sure why, but I feel like I've been a bit stuck lately when it comes to setting up art activities for Magda, so this book was a welcome "kick in the pants" to get out there and paint, play with materials, and get creative (just like I would have done as a daycare teacher). Fantastic resource!


Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from Edelweiss (Above the Tree Line). I was asked to write an honest review, though not necessarily a favourable one. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:
Candy Experiments
Creating Children's Artwork
The Cat Behind the Hat

No comments: