Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cozy Classics: Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre, by Jack Wang and Holman Wang (and Charlotte Brontë)

Cozy Classics: Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre
Authors: Jack and Holman Wang (and Charlotte Brontë)
Series: Cozy Classics
Publisher: Simply Read Books
Publication Date: November 20, 2013
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon




Of all the Cozy Classics by Jack and Holman Wang, this is the one I am least familiar with in its original form. I've never read Jane Eyre, though I've always meant to. I mean, really this whole series is based on books that many of us have never read but have "meant to." That's kind of what classic literature is, isn't it?



I've noticed that the books' website, MyCozyClassics.com, has been updated to include character and plot descriptions for each of the classics, which is very helpful for parents struggling to remember who's who.


Even if I don't know Jane Eyre very well, this book came at the perfect time because my daughter has been very fascinated with the Brontë sisters lately. She's far too young to read any of their books, but she is intrigued by the idea of three sisters (and one brother) living together in a big house and writing stories together. Who isn't?


And can I just say, I would wear that outfit right now! Maybe not the bonnet. But definitely the dress and maybe even the cape.

Okay, I guess I should go look up Jane Eyre now.


CHECK OUT THE WHOLE COZY CLASSIC COLLECTION:

NEW! Oliver Twist
Les Misérables 
NEW! Jane Eyre
NEW! Emma
Pride and Prejudice
War and Peace
COMING SOON!
COMING SOON!
Moby Dick

No comments: