Friday, April 19, 2013

Daylight Moonlight, by Matt Patterson


Daylight Moonlight
Author: Matt Patterson
Publisher: Schiffer
Publication Date: February 28, 2013
This is a gorgeous book. Each page has a dual image of the same scene by day and by night. There's a forest, a river, a meadow, etc. The 'daylight' image and the 'moonlight' image are almost the same except the lighting and the types of animals present (so nocturnal animals are only in the 'moonlight' picture, for instance). I think children would enjoy "spotting the differences" and also seeing which animals are daytime creatures, which are nighttime creatures, and which are both. 
The only thing that did disturb me slightly, which my daughter Magda noticed as well, is that the animals are mostly doing nothing but posing for the picture. A few of them are in "action poses" but most of them are just staring straight ahead, as if they know they're having their picture taken (or drawn, as it were). It wouldn't have bothered me so much if it weren't for the fact that so many of the animals are predators and prey! Those rabbits sure are lucky that the fox stopped to pose.
Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

You May Also Like:

No comments: