Monday, May 27, 2013

Farmyard Knits, by Fiona Goble



Farmyard Knits
Author: Fiona Goble
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: April 23, 2013
WOW! Can I do this? Like, right now? Look at all the little farm animals she made! Look at the l'il tractor! OMG! Honestly, I don't think I'm ready to make any of these since I just started knitting, like, a second ago. But I think I'm going to try to get better so I can work towards this!

The book shows you how to make everything shown on the cover (including the tractor!), which you can then use as toys or as set pieces for little farm scenes. There is a warning at the beginning of the book saying that the projects described are not intended to be used as toys for small children, something about small parts and choking and what have you. So maybe technically they're supposed to be used in the latter capacity. (BUT JUST TRY TO STOP ME FROM PLAYING WITH THEM!)

Oh you know what it would be great for? Illustrating a children's book about farm animals! OMG I HAVE TO GET BETTER AT KNITTING RIGHT NOW!!

Keep reading to see more pictures from inside the book, including the knit animals in action.




Sadly, I am nowhere near being able to show you my own attempts at making these projects. In the meantime, here's a picture of my (as of yet) only knitted animal toy. It's a snake. I made it almost entirely by accident. His name is Humphries.


I don't want to brag, but I also made the blanket that Humphries is on. I know, right? I'm practically an expert.
Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:
Cozy Classics:
Pride and Prejudice
Cozy Classics:
Moby Dick
Creating Children's
Artwork Quilts

Distrust That Particular
Flavor
The Silence of the
Llamas

No comments: