Friday, June 6, 2014

Because I Stubbed My Toe, by Shawn Byous


Did you ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong? You start out stubbing your toe and before you know it, there's mayhem everywhere? Cats are flying through the air and everything? Okay, maybe not THAT much mayhem, but that's what happens to the boy in this picture book by Shawn Byous.

I like that it takes a cranky moment--stubbing your toe--and turns it into something so silly that you can't help but laugh. Plus there's a surprise happy ending which makes the boy glad he stubbed his toe in the first place!

Magda's favourite part: "My favourite part is all of it. I especially liked how the lady read it on the computer." [She means this YouTube video of someone reading the book.]




BOOK DETAILS:
Because I Stubbed My Toe
Author/Illustrator: Shawn Byous
Publisher: Capstone
Publication Date: January 1, 2014
View on Amazon

Source: NetGalley










No comments: