Thursday, June 5, 2014

Carrot, by Vanita Oelschlager (Illustrated by Kristin Blackwood)

This book was saved from a 1-star review (if I did star reviews on my blog) by Magda, who loved it. I did not. Here are our (separate) reviews:

Magda's review: 
I loved it! I loved the whole book. My favourite part was when the cat dreamed of getting married because weddings are fun.
[Mom's interjection: Sorry, how would a wedding be fun for a CAT?
Magda: It's just a dream, Mommy.]
5 stars

My review:
Oh, the writing is so bad it was difficult to read it aloud without wincing. It's the most insipid must-rhyme-at-all-costs bad poetry I've read in a long while. The whole book put me in a bad mood it was so vapid and banal.
1 star

Final review: 
3 stars (given grudgingly on my part)

BOOK DETAILS:
Carrot
by Vanita Oelschlager
Illustrated by Kristin Blackwood
Published by VanitaBooks
Publication Date: May 2, 2011
View on Amazon

 Source: NetGalley












No comments: