Monday, February 10, 2014

A Tale of Two Mommies, by Vanita Oelschlager (illustrated by Mike Blanc)

A Tale of Two Mommies
Author: Vanita Oelschlager
Illustrator: Mike Blanc
Publisher: VanitaBooks
Publication Date: September 1, 2011
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon



I LOVE these books! I previously read A Tale of Two Daddies with my daughter Magda and this one follows a similar format. A little kid with two moms (or in the previous book, two dads) is playing with his friends while they ask him questions about what it's like to have two moms. The questions are all about regular, every day kid stuff, like "Who do you go to when you want to fly a kite or when your toys are broken?" After both books, my daughter then played the same game with her own parents' roles. "Who do I go to when I want pancakes? Daddy!" "Who makes my birthday cake? Mommy!" Who helps me fly a kite? Both my parents!" And I think that's where the book really succeeds. The whole point is that every family is different, but we all have a lot of similarities too.


RELATED POSTS:


A Tale of Two Daddies
Oh the Things My Mom Will Do
The Day My Mom Came to Kindergarten

No comments: