Monday, February 10, 2014

Odd, Weird, and Little, by Patrick Jennings

Odd, Weird and Little
Author: Patrick Jennings
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
View on Amazon




Usually I get my daughter to help me review children's books but I haven't read this one to her yet because it might be a little too old for her (it's about the new kid in school and my daughter doesn't start school until next year). So I read this on my own. Having said that, I LOVED IT! The "new kid" who is, as promised, "odd, weird and little," has a bit of a secret. He's not like the other kids. He's little, very little. But he has huge eyes, a sharp nose and a penchant for eating mice. And he says "who?" a lot. Or is it "hoo"?

This book is just the right amount of bizarre. It's a fun read and an adorable mystery for elementary-aged readers (I'm guessing ages 9-13, but probably younger as well).


RELATED POSTS:


Boom!
Charlotte's Web
Funny Frank
Uncle John's Kid-Topia

No comments: