Monday, February 10, 2014

The Legend of Ranger: The Reindeer Who Couldn't Fly, by Alan Salisbury (illustrated by Roberta Baird)

The Legend of Ranger
The Reindeer Who Couldn't Fly
Author: Alan Salisbury
Illustrator: Roberta Baird
Publisher: Jabberwocky Books
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon


This is another Christmas chapter book, which normally I question because children old enough for chapter books may be too old for Santa stories, but this one was all right. It's not terribly long (under 50 pages) and the chapters are short and engaging enough to hold the interest of a younger child. The illustrations didn't work on my desktop, but they did on my Kobo, so I'm assuming the ebook works properly. Maybe. I can't guarantee it. Overall it's a solid B-, but considering the Christmas selection I seem to have made for myself from NetGalley this year, it's not a bad effort.

No comments: