Monday, February 10, 2014

Plesiosaur Peril, by Daniel Loxton (illustrated by Daniel Loxton and Jim W.W. Smith)

Plesiosaur Peril
Author: Daniel Loxton
Illustrators: Daniel Loxton and Jim W.W. Smith
Series: Tales of Prehistoric Life
Publisher: Kids Can Press
Publication Date: March 1, 2014
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon



I don't know what I can say about this book that couldn't be better said by the book itself. The illustrations are...well, they're stunning. As I was looking at it (on the desktop computer, because I received a digital review copy), my dinosaur-enthusiast hubby was behind me, literally gasping. "Ahhh! I--...what is...WANT! I want that book!"

Oh and for the record, I do understand that plesiosaurs were not dinosaurs. I didn't want you to think I didn't know that. And by "you" I mean I didn't want my hubby to think I didn't know that (though the book makes it perfectly clear, even if I didn't).

Plus there are Liopleurodons! No word on whether or not they're magical.





Check out these spreads from the book. They're astounding. They used a combination of digital art and photography to make the illustrations feel especially real.




No comments: