Monday, February 10, 2014

The Alphabet Parade, by Charles Ghigna (illustrated by Agnieszka Jatkowska)

The Alphabet Parade
Series: Learning Parade
Author: Charles Ghigna
Illustrator: Agnieszka Jatkowska
View on Amazon





Publisher: Capstone Young Readers/Picture Window Books
Publication Date: September 2, 2013
Source: NetGalley

It's pretty standard circus-themed animal alphabet fare with not a whole lot of surprises, although I was pleased to see a kinkajou instead of a kangaroo for 'K' and a unicorn for 'U' (I'd like to see THAT circus!). And the illustration of the X-shaped xylophone is quite neat. I was disappointed to see 'Q' for queen because I thought it was kind of a cop out. No quail? Or quetzal maybe? Not even a quokka? Oh well.


Magda's favourite part: The unicorn! It's imaginary? I didn't know that!

My favourite part: It's bright and colourful and I really do like that xylophone. But honestly there are a lot of books just like it on the market already.


RELATED POSTS:


100 Animals on Parade!
Alphabet Everywhere
The Wonderland Alphabet

No comments: