Monday, February 10, 2014

Peachy: A Harvest of Fruity Goodness, by Lori Nawyn

Peachy:
A Harvest of Fruity Goodness
Author: Lori Nawyn
Publisher: Familius
Publication Date: August 21, 2013

View on Amazon

Source: review copy from author

Even though I assumed peaches were more of a summer fruit (for the most part, they are) I was happy to receive this book in October because my daughter Magda and I both had peaches on the brain. We had just finished reading James and the Giant Peach and Magda was eager to make peach EVERYTHING. Can we make peach pancakes? Can we make peach salad? How about peach omelettes? I don't know about the last one, but Lori Nawyn's book was just what the bookworm ordered for the rest of our peach plans.

This simple and straightforward paperback cookbook arranges over a hundred recipes into intuitive categories of savoury and sweet, including "Breakfast," "Main Dishes and Sides," and "Pies and Cakes." Some of them made me skeptical. "Peaches 'n' Beans"? I'm not so sure. But I can tell you already that the "Peach Bread Pudding" is FANTASTIC.

And at the end there's an informative section about all the different kinds of peaches. Before this I couldn't name more than zero types of peaches. There are different types? Apparently there are dozens. Who knew?

No comments: